- Listen to the Fire Safety delegates.
- Ensure hair is wet or covered before entering the fire area
- only perform tricks that have been attempted without fire
- only wear natural fibres or non-flammable clothing (cotton, wool, denim etc.)
- Be aware of what is happening around you. Especially children, animals and
people with impaired decision making skills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- no fire-breathing
- do not light up if there are already a maximum number of people in the space
- do not ask to light off other people’s equipment (people can offer, but not ask)
(this stops people from walking into other people’s patterns)
- do not do non-fire twirling unless it is glow or in a well lit area.
- if there is a problem with any of the equipment (getting too hot, etc.) inform
the person in charge of safety immediately.
- You must prove my competence with a piece of equipment from the SURCAS
Fire Safety Delegate prior to participating in the activities regardless of prior
experience. If I have any doubts or questions after this is complete, I will
immediately seek instruction or advice from the SURCAS Fire Safety
Delegate (as specified in the SURCAS Aerial Safety Policy).
- Only twirl with equipment that has been approved by the SURCAS Fire Safety
- Those who drink will not be allowed to twirl fire